Southfield Detroit, MI


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan » Detroit » Redford
October 20th 2005
Published: October 20th 2005
Edit Blog Post


Well, the United States of Ameeeeeeericaaaaa is exactly as I had envisaged, Big cars, Big Hwy's and Big all over.

After 30hrs of travelling it was good to finally take a shower and get some shut eye!

The flight over was smooth and all transit points were quite simple.

Going through customs at JFk (New York) wasn't as bad as I thought, as long as your up front as to whatever your carrying it's all go.

We didn't end up getting the Chev Impala SUV, however, the Ford Explorer SUV isn't a bad ride.

The first time I decided to turn the tv on in my room I landed on the Flash News Update...and wasn't that just the biggest mistake ever cos it had a chart with the latest crime figures in Detroit for this year so far...Crime & Larseny was down 15.3% and Murder was up 5.2%!!!

oooooooooook

The short course I'm currently attending is very interesting and I've learnt heaps so far, the Town Centre Building where the course is held is only about a 10min drive from our hotel and at 7:45am the trafffic isn't as bad as I had immagined, even though there's road works everywhere and signs that say $7,000 Fine for Hitting a Roadworker...

The people in Detroit are very friendly. Nigel and I are pretty much sick of Big-Ass burgers already... so hopefully Chicago will present something different although fast food seems to be the dominant flavour through out the states.

Till next time...

Simone

BTW: Don't forget to regularly log-on for an all out National Lampoons Series!




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



21st October 2005

bella vita
almeno metti una foto con la bruta facia che ai almeno ti possiamo vedere ,non metere i soldi sotto il letto non e la tua casa non incasare tutto almeno share con gli amici un puo.stai attento ciao ange and tony
21st October 2005

What a Life
Glad to see you have reformed and got a ford! remember to keep on the right side of the road too. And don't eat to many of those BURGERS!!! We don't wanna see you havin to buy more jocks!!! The lil bus driver still trying to scratch out a living, and can only dream of holidays!!! Be careful love from all the fam (the little people)
21st October 2005

From down under
Not all of us have the chance to have a life like yours!!!!! I hope you are having a great time eating those BURGERS.. Did you know that there is other food also... Enjoy your stay there, and keep out of trouble. Miss you. Luv from sis, M,C,K. +
24th October 2005

Ciao Bud.Come Va?What are you doing driving a ford.It sound's like you are having a good time.Do not go out on the street's of Detroit at night time Bud.OK Bud i better get back to work now, times are tough down under.maaaaaaaaaaaaaa. GIZ
28th October 2005

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you've got a good life bud.I've sold the baracca of a vl,tell the americans they had there chance,i sold it for $4200.What a bargain.Take care and forza Juve.ciao.

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb