If You Visit Quisset MA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Falmouth
August 27th 2013
Published: September 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

To state the obvious, if you plan to go to Quisset, you need to know where it is. From the water, you will see no sign of it until you are quite close. Once you have caught sight of the outer buoy (and perhaps spotted the masts in the harbor) the entrance is easy.

Quisset consists of three little harbors nested inside each other. There are rental moorings throughout all three harbors but you will most likely find an empty mooring in the middle of the three harbors, just before you reach Buoy #8. We have never needed to use a mooring in the outermost harbor but it looks as though it might get a bit rolly when there are South or East winds. The rental buoys have a number on them plus a blue stripe. This place is strictly first-come first-served. If a buoy is empty, you can use it. The Man From the Boatyard will come round in his skiff to collect the $30 mooring fee. This is the bargain price for this year’s trip. Cuttyhunk, just a little further down the coast, charges $45 and they do not provide launch service either. The New Bedford Yacht Club in South Dartmouth, which does provide launch service, charges $50.

When you are dinghying in, be aware that any piece of open water without moorings probably has big rocks that hide underwater at high tide. So if you are going in for the first time near high tide, it is wise to use the main marked channel, even in a dinghy! We have never tried to anchor here ... :-)

Diesel is not available but you can drop off your trash.

The Whoosh Trolley stops running after Labor Day. It also stops running at about 8pm at night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb