boston 17-25th


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
March 26th 2009
Published: March 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Boston is beautiful. We stayed in the fenway area which was a bit of a student type place. It felt strange wearing a coat, hat and gloves after comming from fiji, although Dave loved the cold again.

We arrived early in the morning just in time for breakfast, which was great as the American airline didn't feed us and we were starving. The hostel does an all you can eat breakfast of bagels and cereal which means we never went hungry, although we did get sick of the sight of bagels. We didn't really do much on the day we arrived as we were both seriously jet lagged so we found our bearings and got an early night.

Our first full day started by a walk around the freedom trail. This takes you around some of boston showing you important buildings and places. After this we went to Quincey market and Faneuil hall, which is quite cool to look around and has lots of nice food and lots of free samples, which is always good. After this we went to the museum of fine arts with a group organised by the hostel before returning to the hostel for our free spagetti and wine. This was really good as aswell as saving us money, helped us meet some of the other guests staying at the hostel.

The next day we did some early morning shopping and then had a bit of a film day which was really nice as neither of us were fully recovered from our jet lag, and it was really nice having a bit of a lazy day.

The day after we went to salem. We went to the museum first (which was nothing like a museum at all), you sit in a room were you are told about the events that took place by a recording with the use of visual scenes. Dave found this a bit cheesey, although i really enjoyed it. After this we went to the burial site of people from this time before trying "the best hotdog in boston" which to be fair was the nicest hotdog iv'e had. Then we found a Ben and Jerrys so obviously had to stop in to try some new flavours. It was a really nice day out.

The next day we went to Harvard to look at the uni and surrounding area. However the area isn't quite as posh as i'd expected. We then went to a typical American diner which was great.

The day after we went to the prudential building to do some shopping and then had another lazy fil day.

After another morning of shopping we spent the rest of the day in the pub. First we went to the replica of cheers. It's a nice pub but neither of us really thought it looked the same. We then went to the pub that inspired cheers which we preffered much more. Although it's not identical, you can feel the similarities and it's a really nice pub with good food and a nice atmosphere. At night we went to a jazz and blues club with some people from the hostel.

We didn't do much on our last day. We went to the libruary as lots of people told us it was a beautiful building (which it is), re-visited Quincey market for some more free samples and had a tour around the first church of christ scientist. This building is amazing and huge.

We are back in London now visiting my sister and her boyfriend with my dad, before we head back home to catch up with everyone else.

We have both had an amazing time and although were sad that it's ended are both glad to be seeing everyone again, and hope to travel again soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

bostonboston
boston

quincy market
bostonboston
boston

quincy market
salemsalem
salem

witch museum
bostonboston
boston

harvard
bostonboston
boston

harvard
bostonboston
boston

harvard
bostonboston
boston

diner
bostonboston
boston

cheers replica


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb