New England - Fall '07


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
October 18th 2007
Published: October 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi family and friends! Today is Oct. 18, 2007. Patty and I are in an awesome RV resort (check it out Beckie & Gary: www.normandyfarms.com ) near Boston. We left FL on Sept. 30 and blasted up thru WV and eastern PA then headed east into CT. from there went up into the white mtns. of Northern New Hampshire for 3 days. That was a nice area where we did some hiking and leaf peeping. Then we headed Northeast into Maine where we stayed for a week at Acadia National Park. Acadia is an awesome park and it was neat to have a week to check it out. The weather has been surprisingly mild and sunny for the most part. And of course we had plenty of Lobs-tah and Chow-dah! We also met up with old friends Debbie (Walsh) and Mary who was up visiting Deb for a few weeks. We got together for some fried clams and scallops. We all went to Respiratory Therapy school and worked together in Orlando. Deb had just started another successful business treating over 1000 CPAP patients. I swear everything that girl touches turns to gold. They have a waterfront house with a 41’ Defever trawler. We spent the night at Freeport, ME and went to the original LL Bean store and added to their profit margin! So now we’ve been in Foxboro, Mass at this unbelievable RV resort for 5 days and we made day trips to Cape Cod, Newport, RI, and rode the subway into Boston and walked the Freedom trail to see the historic sights. This area really has a lot of American history and we’ll be back this way for sure to check more of it out. Tomorrow we’re heading down to Shenandoah NP for a few days and then over to the River cabin for a few more. We should be back in Orlando by the 30th. See ya!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb