South of the Mason Dixon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maryland » Sparks
July 14th 2005
Published: July 14th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Sean & DeaSean & DeaSean & Dea

Happy couple
Another quick entry.

We're staying with Sherry's aunt Diane and uncle Alan in Sparks, MD, just north of Baltimore. Yesterday we took mass transit out of Manhattan to NJ to pick up our car, then we drove to Philadelphia for lunch w/ my friend Sean and his wife Dea. As has been the case all along our trip route, we were running about 2-3 hours late, but we had a nice mid-afternoon bite at Sean and Dea's old pizza place, Garrett Hill Pizza near Villanova, PA. I'd definitely recommend a stop at GHP if you're in the area.

This morning was spent consuming coffee and a home-cooked breakfast with great grits. In a word, Yum.

Today we'll probably just relax before heading south to Washington DC tomorrow.

Probably the funniest thing that's happened over the past few days happened on the way from Port Allegany, PA to NYC. We took a wrong turn off Route 6 (my bad), ended up correcting ourselves, and then once we got back on 6 we rolled up the windows to turn the AC back on. Oops! What was that cracking sound? Oh, it was just Cory rolling up the sun visor in the passenger-side window. (What would Jeff Tweedy say about that?) The end result, a cracked make-up mirror on the passenger side, to match the one that Sherry cracked on the driver's side.


I read an article in the paper this morning that says that the nationwide housing bubble is going to pop in about 2 years, maybe we could extend our vacation a little bit... ; )

-Cory

Advertisement



15th July 2005

What fun
So glad to hear you guys are having a blast. Keep the details coming. Enjoy.
15th July 2005

Nice smile.
29th July 2005

Nice to see you guys
And very nice to meet Sherry. We hope you guys have fun on your trip!

Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb