Baltimore


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maryland » Baltimore
August 20th 2011
Published: August 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We had a lazy start to the day and Stacy was our tour guide to the sights and delights of Baltimore, what a lovely city, the harbour area was really pretty and we walked around and over to the old area with all its little cobbled streets and original houses etc. We heard the news from 1814 from the town crier!! And then potched around some of the quirky little shops before catching the water taxi back over to the harbour area. We then watched fudge being made (which involved lots of audience participation, singing and jokes) but didn’t get any as Howard was too tight to pay for it!

We then managed to buy a sat nav for when we hire the car and we were all knackered so went back to Stacy’s for a rest before heading out for the evening.

Stacy took us to the Double T diner and what a menu that place had! You don’t just get your meal over here, you get a salad to start with crusty bread and butter and then your enormous plate of food with all the ‘sides’ and then the puddings… OMG the puddings! It was pudding heaven and I had to go and examine them all closely before I could choose, I ended up with the Oreo cake which was heavenly, a kind of cake bottom with about 5-6 inches deep of cheesecake with oreos and stuff in it, god I felt sick after (but in a good way lol). Needless to say I have put weight on, there is just too much temptation over here, but I am determined to get it back under control after our 3 day train journey (where all the food is included – aaarrrgggghhh).

We then did another first and went to the pictures to see Cowboys vs. Aliens which I really enjoyed yee ha!
All in all a great day – THANKS STACY!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Lighthouse at BaltimoreLighthouse at Baltimore
Lighthouse at Baltimore

This one's for Debbie B, lover of lighthouses!


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb