Day 1 Baltimore


Advertisement
Published: May 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 1: Baltimore


Day 1-Baltimore:

The Airport:
When we woke up this morning at 4:00 am, we remembered SW Airline's rule about baggage being free up to 50 lbs. We prayed our lone suitcase would be under this. However, upon weighing it at the airport, it was 58 lbs. At the ticket counter, Jason and I tried to cram rain jackets, book, cameras and anything else we could fit into Jason's backpack. Finally, we got it down to 50.5 lbs which worked with the attendant. Luckily Alex (16 months) slept the majority of the way there and their weren't any other hiccups except for the missing coffee cups on the plane. Luckily Jason and I don't drink coffee, but I think there were a couple worried passengers until they finally located the cups. ---Jason says "I still had hot tea but you were too busy sleeping to remember."

The Light Rail:
We arrived in Baltimore at 11:30 and, after touring all 19 baggage carousels, we finally found and hopped aboard the light rail to our hotel. My girls were so tired from waking up early that Grace (5) feel asleep on the train and Brecklyn (3) pretended to sleep using Grace for a pillow.

Hotel:
The hotel was an amazing suite with a kitchen. We discovered that our nice rate was due to them remodeling the exterior of the hotel. But after realizing we had young children, the hotel was nice enough to move us up to a higher floor that was quieter. If only they had been nice enough to bring the crib. After 4 calls, and 2 visits downstairs, Alex feel asleep on the floor.

Lunch:
We ate at EATS, which was a quaint little food court by our hotel. At the deli, Beef Brothers, I ate a corned beef sandwich and Jason had the crab soup. Afterwards, we went next door to the Peanut Shoppe and had Chocolate Peanut Turtles. YUM YUM! But the highlight here were the people--they were warm, friendly and smiley...now I know why they call this the "Charm City".

Activities:

We attempted to get to the zoo via the subway. Alex cried the whole way on the subway. Later we realized that he didn't like going underground because as soon as we were above ground he was happy again. This was the only questionable time of our trip so far...lets just
The WingThe WingThe Wing

Grace took this picture of the wing.
say we didn't stay their long. I wish we could have visited the zoo/park but we found them hard to access with our stroller (and we didn't like walking through the park alone given the neighborhood).

Dinner:
Dinner was pb&j sandwiches and apples from the local grocery in our kitchen nook and then tucked the kids in bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Where are we going?Where are we going?
Where are we going?

Jason is showing the kids where we are flying in our National Geographic Atlas.
EATSEATS
EATS

Quaint little food court near our hotel.


Tot: 0.313s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 18; qc: 67; dbt: 0.1926s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb