Picturesque Camden, Maine & High Point Memorial, NJ


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » Camden
October 26th 2012
Published: October 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Camden is a lovely little town with a stream running through it -- behind buildings, under buildings -- ending in a pond which then cascades down rocks into the bay. We came across Camden two years ago just as the town was launching its annual Camden Windjammer Festivalin the Camden Harbor, a celebration of Maine's windjammer fleet. We were enchanted by the place. So we revisited Camden this fall and found it just as delightful.

By the way, we returned home this past Sunday night. As the bills are now paid and the laundry done and all that stuff that piles up when one travels for six weeks completed, I'm now back to sending photo blogs of what we saw on our trip. They're not in any sequence; for instance, we were in Camden before we got to Acadia National Park and I've already sent those photos. So please just enjoy the scenery and don't worry about what came before what.

Paula


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Three Points MemorialThree Points Memorial
Three Points Memorial

Erected in 1930 on the highest point of the Kittatinny Mountains of NJ to honor all veterans. At the top of its 220 feet, one can see the Pocono and Catskill Mountains.
a view of NJ, PA, and NYa view of NJ, PA, and NY
a view of NJ, PA, and NY

Or at least one of the states from this view . . . A 360 photo would show all of them.


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb