Boothbay Harbor - Pemaquid light House


Advertisement
Published: June 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today was another amazing drive to another beautiful sight in Maine. Our travels today took us to Boothbay Harbor. It was overcast this morning and quite cool (63 degrees) with an onshore breeze. It was cool enough for Sally and I to put on our jackets. We had a great time looking around the shops and of course had to have lobster for lunch. No dinner tonight though!! While in Boothbay Harbor we talked to a woman who suggested that we might want to go out to Pemaquid point and check out the light house. Pemaquid light house is a functioning light house that is maintained by the coast guard. Sally and I were able to climb to the top of the lighthouse although going up was much easier than coming down. The view was fantastic. The shoreline at Pemaquid point is quite rocky as you can see in the pictures. This has been a really enjoyable visit to Maine. There are so many amazing things to see here and Maine is a beautiful state. If you enjoy traveling I highly recommend that you add Maine to your list of places that are a must see. Hal, Sally and I cannot thank you enough for all the pointers that you gave us before we left Phoenix. You have helped to make this a vacation that we will never forget.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb