Bar Harbor


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » Bar Harbor
June 16th 2012
Published: June 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hello from Bar Harbor, Maine. Sally and I drove up to Bar Harbor this morning. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive from where we're camping. Didn't want to have to drive back tonight so we're staying in Bar Harbor overnight. Arrived at about noon and checked into our hotel. Found out that we have beat the high season by about a week. The hotel manager said that they were full starting next week for most of the 2012 summer season. Left at 2:00 pm for a 2 hour cruise of Frenchmans Bay on a 150 foot long four mast schooner, the Margaret Todd. Myself and two much younger gentleman helped raise one of the sails on the Margaret Todd after we left the dock. (Not a pretty picture)!! That was a lot harder than I thought it would be a!! Sally and I had a great time sailing around the bay. The area is beautiful!! I was amazed at the number of lobster pots that were in Frenchman's bay. We found out that the lobster pots can't be left for very long without checking them, otherwise, the larger lobsters will start eating the smaller ones. Had dinner and walked around town for a while tonite. Two cruise ships will be anchored in the Bay in the morning so downtown will be a lot more crowded during the day tomorrow. Will drive around Acadia National park here on the island tomorrow before starting back to the campgrounds.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb