The Big Easy


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
September 22nd 2011
Published: September 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We drove east from Lake Charles (SW Louisiana) to Grand Coteau to see Pat's younger brother Darrell. Pat, Katrina & Jackson had stayed there a couple of weeks earlier, and Darrell had arranged for K & J to attend classes at his school for a week, which they had thoroughly enjoyed. As a bonus, that evening we were joined by Pat's nephew Doug and his daughter Ava.

The next day we went to see friends Debbie & Jimmy at their beautiful home near Galliano, south of New Orleans. We enjoyed their gumbo and lively conversation around the table, and the next morning we were entertained by them in their music room lined with guitars, pianos and associated equipment. Debbie gave Jackson a lesson on the drums!

Then into New Orleans itself, where we stayed with Pat's elder brother Robert & Muriel. They took us on a walking tour of the downtown, taking in the grand old Mississippi river and the French Quarter. We enjoyed coffee & beignets (sugared donuts) at the famous Cafe du Monde and strolled the balconied and jazz-filled streets around Bourbon street. We only beat a hasty retreat when the thunder clouds rolled in. What an amazing and unique place this is. Next time, we need to come at Mardi Gras and enjoy the carnival season!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb