Day 7 - Las Vegas to New Orleans


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
December 27th 2010
Published: January 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Up early at 7.30am as we had to be ready for our pick up at 9.00AM from Bell-Trans to take us to Las Vegas Airport as we are on our way to the Big Easy (aka New Orleans). Price was pretty reasonable at $6.50 per person.

At the Airport we used the valet drop off for bags at the roadside and gave Mike a tip of $20.00 for the convenience, straight then to security and that was pretty easy and quick (Kerry & Luke had to through the new body screening machines).

We had some breakfast from Popeyes. We had some biscuits which came with with either Cheese or Egg (biscuits are like what we call scones). I then called the Hotel in New Orleans to confirm from our new cell phone and also clarified best mode of transport from the airport and they said Taxi as an airport Shuttle was going to cost $20-00 each.

This flight was our first experience with Southwest Airlines and it was about 15-20 minutes late leaving. They have no allocated seating but we did have two sets of 2 seats in rows 6-7. Luke was the only one with a window seat.

They served these tiny jatz biscuits with cheese in the middle, and some other small snacks. Pretty basic but they arrived in NOLA about 5.10PM after a 3.20 hour flight. The plane flew pretty much straight over Grand Canyon again which was cool as I got some extra photo’s from higher up for a different perspective and it really shows how wide the place is.

We got our bags and caught a Taxi which cost about $50-00 I think. It was pretty cool when we arrived (around 16 degrees) and we checked in the room 501 on the 5th and top floor. Room is basic this time with one bedroom with 2 x queens, lounge and bathroom.

Went for a walk for dinner and went along Canal Street and had dinner at IHOP which is a diner. I had a chicken dish with veggies and Kerry had her “best meal yet” which had veggies too. Desert was on the agenda for the kids for the first time.

As we arrived back we got some brochures and booked a swamp tour for tomorrow with pick up at 10.30AM.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.1074s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb