Road Trip Day 5


Advertisement
Published: July 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Road Trip Day 5


We made our fastest trip yet, 320 miles in about 6 and 1/2 hours, including 3 gas station stops and 3 rest stops. The last rest stop in Mississippi before entering Louisiana has free wireless! The only state after Maryland that we found that nice amenity in.

Upon arrival in New Orleans, I didn't even have time to panic about finding the RV park in the French Quarter because there were many strategically placed signs to help me find it very easily. Since we only had a few hours and I don't know my way around at all, I thought to find a riverboat and go for a ride along the Mississippi River. The receptionist at the park office was very helpful and even called the boat to see what their menu was. She drove us in a golf cart to the tourist center and pointed us towards the port- a straight walk through the French Quarter. We stopped and got some Pralines, postcards, and chatted with the Tourist Information guy, Ed, who happened to be part Sicilian!

The boat, the Natchez, is one of the only real steamboats around and it was pretty awesome. The food was ok,
That's one long bridgeThat's one long bridgeThat's one long bridge

going into New Orleans...
but the jazz band, Dukes of Dixieland, was awesome and so was the scenery and watching the paddle turn from the engine room. There was a wedding onboard so that provided some people watching entertainment.

We hurried back to the RV park, and vowed to return some day to explore the rest of the city.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

French Quarter French Quarter
French Quarter

view towards the port
French QuarterFrench Quarter
French Quarter

View towards the RV resort
Vincenzo made itVincenzo made it
Vincenzo made it

to New Orleans! One dream come true!
The Pralines were calling meThe Pralines were calling me
The Pralines were calling me

from the window display of the New Orleans School of Cooking and Louisiana General Store...and now that I have them, man are they a LOT of pralines and a lot of sugar!
Eddie the super friendlyEddie the super friendly
Eddie the super friendly

information booth guy who spoke enough Italian to make Vincenzo smile! (as he's getting rained on by a passing shower)
The NatchezThe Natchez
The Natchez

kinda pronounced like Nachos...it started whistling music from the pipes!
a little exciteda little excited
a little excited

for the boat ride


10th July 2009

love the pics
I LOVE
Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb