new orleans and mardi gras, 2009


Advertisement
Published: March 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

louisiana eatin'louisiana eatin'louisiana eatin'

this is the way to celebrate the 50th birthday!! my uncles' 50th.
another fantastic mardi gras spent with family and friends.

i have been properly chastised for not mentioning strongly enough my Figarola family down in the 'big easy'. so i mention them now and with great affection because it would not be mardi gras without them, my extended family. please see the photos of the figarola clan (who are always so generous and welcoming when i arrive and join them in the home of the wonderful matriarch-ms. jackie) and some shots of mardi gras 2009. sadly i don't have photos of other old friends, family nor of my new friends as they weren't taken or they didn't arrive as planned via email.

as always we had a great time eating(see the only photo of my uncles' birhtday party to come out), parading and sometimes drinking (ah-hemm).

also know that i am plagued because of the 2 youngest of said clan. i parked my new airstream home at their home a week or so after mardi gras where they brow-beat me until i watched madagascar 2 with them. it was full of great laughs. the problem now is that i can't get out of my head (and it has been
mardi gras treemardi gras treemardi gras tree

mardi gras decorations abound!
a couple of weeks) the "i like 'em chunky, so thick and plumpy" song. please get it out!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

s'trolling' the streetss'trolling' the streets
s'trolling' the streets

checking out the views on our way for drink, with me are teresa(sc), joseph and john behind the lens. by the by thanks for the great photos that follow.
lots of waitinglots of waiting
lots of waiting

much time is spent on the parade route waiting for the floats. that's ok as that is when the party is happening.
my lovely Figarola 'non italian' familymy lovely Figarola 'non italian' family
my lovely Figarola 'non italian' family

sorry john i couldn't resist the jab! i love ya man! (he is 40 sumthin' and just discovered his "roots".
the matriarchthe matriarch
the matriarch

ms. jackie, john's mum, with ashley and boyfriend. can these kids stop growing up so that i don't realize i am growing up too.
contemplatingcontemplating
contemplating

i tried and tried to get young jonathan to scratch my head as if i was perplexed. it didn't work well but the laughs were cleansing. wow is that deep or what?
GrelaGrela
Grela

a mandatory shot of a grela float on 'fat tuesday' aka MARDI GRAS!!!
two typical parade goerstwo typical parade goers
two typical parade goers

no names please. what happens at mardi gras, stays at mardi gras.
stuffed in the trunk stuffed in the trunk
stuffed in the trunk

what we don't do to get to mardi gras!
cemeterycemetery
cemetery

following are shots of a local cemetery.


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb