New Orleans Or Bustttt


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
January 11th 2008
Published: January 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

TuscaloosaTuscaloosaTuscaloosa

Tuscaloosa
I had an airbed that leaked so not the most succesfull kip ever and then i was woken up by Rains friend getting up and so i was up at 8am...ouchhhh, i got up and Rain said to help myself to breakfast and then we watched cartoons on her computer such as American dad which is quite funny.............lmao.

We chatted and watched cartoons for a while and then Rain's dad came over and we got introduced and then we headed out and Rains dad drove and we visted the old state capitol building and then norhtport which has been regenerated into a hip arty kinda of strip with cool eatries.

We then drove up the freeway and went through some back towns such as Bohul and then to Rains dad's place which he built himself and he showed me some of his woodwork, he use to work for BP and has seen a fair bit of the world and is now retired and does woodwork.

We had tea at Rain's dads place and talked travel and capitalism and the state of the world etc and i saw some of his photos and Rain's paitings etc.

After a
TuscaloosaTuscaloosaTuscaloosa

Tuscaloosa
little while we headed back towards the city and the Amtrak station, Rains dad had said the city was named after an indian chief and Tuscaloosa translates to black warrior and that also referes to the river that runs through Tuscaloosa. We got to the sation and chatted some and the train was late and eventually turned up and we said our goodbyes.

On the train i got a seat and i satyed awake for a while and watched the trees and swamps and catfish farms go by and then i slept for a little while and then a woke up and watched afew stations fritter by until the train got to New orleans and my host Tommy was there waiting on me, while i was at the station i booked passage across to Las Vegas. Tommy took me back to his place and its a great house and i met his housemates an they have a hamster, 2 ferets and 2 cats there. I met some other friends who swung by and then i grabbed a shower.

Tommy then took me up to see Bourbon street and the french quarter and then we headed back to the
TuscaloosaTuscaloosaTuscaloosa

Tuscaloosa
house and tommy checked with his friends were they would be and we headed to the red eye grill and we got there and i met loads of tommys friends, the red eye is a meet up for those within the service industry, tommy works ina local steakhouse and moved here from Virgina.

I met vairous friends of tommys and one of his housemates has family in Swindon of all places, so several budwisers later and some dancing and chatting and a taco bell taco later and we headed back to the house woith Tommys housemate Scott and we stopped for grocerys.

We got back and scott cooked cheese and egg sandwiches for breakfast as it was gone 4 am, so a good day was had in Tuscaloosa and a good night in New orleans.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

TuscaloosaTuscaloosa
Tuscaloosa

Tuscaloosa
TuscaloosaTuscaloosa
Tuscaloosa

Tuscaloosa
TuscaloosaTuscaloosa
Tuscaloosa

Tuscaloosa
TuscaloosaTuscaloosa
Tuscaloosa

Tuscaloosa
TuscaloosaTuscaloosa
Tuscaloosa

Tuscaloosa
TuscaloosaTuscaloosa
Tuscaloosa

Tuscaloosa
TuscaloosaTuscaloosa
Tuscaloosa

Tuscaloosa
TuscaloosaTuscaloosa
Tuscaloosa

Tuscaloosa
New Orleans BoundNew Orleans Bound
New Orleans Bound

New Orleans Bound
New Orleans BoundNew Orleans Bound
New Orleans Bound

New Orleans Bound
New Orleans BoundNew Orleans Bound
New Orleans Bound

New Orleans Bound
New Orleans BoundNew Orleans Bound
New Orleans Bound

New Orleans Bound
New Orleans BoundNew Orleans Bound
New Orleans Bound

New Orleans Bound
New Orleans BoundNew Orleans Bound
New Orleans Bound

New Orleans Bound
New Orleans New Orleans
New Orleans

New Orleans
New Orleans New Orleans
New Orleans

New Orleans
New Orleans New Orleans
New Orleans

New Orleans
New Orleans New Orleans
New Orleans

New Orleans


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb