Relaxing in Des Moines


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Iowa » Des Moines
June 22nd 2012
Published: June 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Des MoinesDes MoinesDes Moines

We made it safely to Des Moines! The Scotties welcomed us.
After a day and a half of driving, there was no way we'd get back into the car. So, we spent the day at Andy and Erin's new place in Des Moines. There home is a gorgeous, old brick home that was built in the 30s. It backs to a small ravine, and there are numerous large, old trees surrounding the property. We hung out outside for the most part because the weather was perfect. We listened to crickets and birds and insects and enjoyed not being in the car. Jo fell in love with one of the Scotties, and Oliver had fun playing with bubbles, sidewalk chalk, and his new, toy golf set from Uncle Andy and Aunt Erin. We grilled out on my brother's charcoal grill and relaxed the evening away.

After dinner, we got to spend time with some of our extended family. Erin baked a cake in celebration of Andrew's 29th birthday, and my Aunt Carol came over along with two of my cousins, Missy and Mia, and Missy's husband and son. Jack and Oliver went outside and caught lighting bugs with Andrew, and I got to spend time enjoying the company of family.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Oliver the GolferOliver the Golfer
Oliver the Golfer

Uncle Andy and Aunt Erin gave Oliver a golf set. What a lucky boy!
Mia and JoannaMia and Joanna
Mia and Joanna

Here's Joanna with her cousin (first cousin, once removed) Mia.
Oliver and the Kitchen AidOliver and the Kitchen Aid
Oliver and the Kitchen Aid

I'm pretty sure Oliver's favorite part about being in Des Moines was Aunt Erin's red Kitchen Aid.
Andy & Erin's HomeAndy & Erin's Home
Andy & Erin's Home

I love their brick house!


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb