Another day another state line


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Indiana
June 16th 2006
Published: June 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Day 44 Knightstown, IN to Springfield, OH
Total Miles: 102.0 (3059.something miles to date)

Got a bit of a late start today (8am) after a great breakfast and some even better conversation with Curt and a quick stop at the Hoosier Gym. We eventually got into the swing of the day but ended up taking a lot of small breaks today to stay motivated and luckily we have the company of NPR coming in strongly and constantly now that we are near some larger cities.

We made it into Ohio today where we were able to take pictures at the Ohio (bland looking) sign as well as the Indiana (much better) sign. We missed pictures of Illinois and California because of the roads we took into and out of those states...bummer.

In another update of where we are going...We have really been hammering out the miles and feeling good these days and we are constantly altering and tweaking our route to get home faster. Latest update is that Pennsylvania DOT has signed bike routes all over their state and we found a great one that goes all the way across the state starting near the Ohio/West Virginia area and ending at Washington's Crossing near NJ. We are going to meet up with that trail probably in 2 days of riding or early on the 3rd day. The final destination in NJ is still up in the air but it looks like it will be farther north than initially planned when it was going to be Atlantic City...it might be more like the Spring Lake area now. Looks like it will be a pretty hot day here in Ohio, and we'll be plugging along on down the road.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb