Side trip to Fort Wayne, IN.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Indiana » Fort Wayne
June 3rd 2014
Published: June 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Ask about Fort Wayne Indiana and you'll be told its the 2nd largest city in Indiana. However, there's not much to do there...WRONG!! There are things to do enough to spend a weekend and explore this city 2 1/2 hours from Indianapolis. We went for our oldest son's basketball tournament and decided to stay overnight. I found a few money savings offers on Groupon that helped ease our pockets as we found things to do. The thing with this city is almost all things are too spread out so you need a car to explore. We went mini golf playing as family and the kids played games for tickets, they had go-carts to race as well. Its a small place but friendly. Naked Chopstix was close to the hotel so my daughter and I enjoyed some California rolls in a very nicely decorated place, the cooks were very attentive and nice. We know because the came out to apologize for the music system acting up and to see if we enjoyed the food. There are really nice city parks and a chocolate factory that you can have a tour and a delicious sundae at as well. The highlight for my family was the hands on science museum (you can find a coupon online on the "Visit Ft. Wayne" Site). It could use some more loving towards certain exhibits with up keeping and you will need to speak up if you have the pleasure of some exhibit's such as the bubble blower. However, there are A LOT of cool fun exhibits here; including snakes, chinchilla and turtles. The city does need updating in order to draw in bigger crowds and get people talking, after all with a reputation of being the 2nd largest city in INDY, you need to bring on the fun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb