Day 4 Milwaukee to Decatur, Ill


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Decatur
September 11th 2010
Published: September 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We were up early and over to the HD Museum Cafe for breakfast. We were their first customers for the morning and treated us to the best breaky. Then it was back into the Museum to finish off what we had missed yesterday. We also went into see the Evil Knievel exhibition.

This was well worth the visit. Lots of stuff I did not know about his up bringing, lack of business acumen but more importantly his total dedication to doing the impossible.

After a compulsory visit to the Museum shop for appropriate souvenirs we headed south in the trusty Hyundai for Decatur. This time the GPS behaved herself most of the time. She did try a couple of times to misdirect us but we just shouted back at her and she seemed to get the message!! The trip was pretty uneventful except for a massive traffic hold up for about 10 miles where there was only one lane open due to road works!!

We arrived (via GPS) directions at McGorray's Golf & Grill around 4.00pm having left Milwaukee at 11.30am. We had lots of back slapping and handshaking as we all got together plus a welcome cooling ale!!

Time was taken to go back to Charlie's place to freshen up before a magnificent dinner at the Golf & Grill. Many, many thanks mate, much appreciated. Charlie has a great bunch of guys & girls working for him and the chef's are truly exceptional.

Many stories true and bold were told around the table - but what happens on the road stays on the road.

We all had many laughs and beers!! Charlie's wife, Vicky, had very gallantly volunteered to be the designated driver and around the bewitching hour we headed for Charlie's “By-the-Lake” for a couple of nightcaps before collapsing into bed and a deep deep sleep.

Day 4 and it is still hard to believe this is all happening.


Advertisement



15th September 2010

WOAH ! Now that's crazy dad. Sounds you're having a real man holiday :) Miss you xx

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb