Day 3: St. Louis to Decatur


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Decatur
June 3rd 2010
Published: June 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Another eventful and fun day! After sleeping in for most of the morning, Jerome, I, and Bernard headed to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. From there, Bernard showed us around St. Louis, first stopping by the house that Miles Davis grew up in. From there, we went downtown again towards the riverfront and Gateway Arch. Jerome and I actually took the ride up to the top of the arch and got some great views of the city from there. It was very crowded on the ride up (five people for a very small car) and even more crowded at the top, but well worth it. After the ride, we went into the Museum of Westward Expansion, also underneath the arch. The museum had a timline exhibit of the Lewis and Clark exhibition as well as other exhibits regarding movement into the west.

From St. Louis we headed to Decatur late afternoon. We got there after a short stop in Springfield to view Lincoln's home. We stayed overnight with Jerome's cruise friends, Andrew and Claire. They cooked us a great dinner and then we had a nice time at Claire's mom's nearby.

More to come...


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb