A Day in the Windy City...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
October 31st 2012
Published: November 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

After our amazing meal last night, we're taking it easy today - or at least that was the plan. Took our time getting ready - Room 76 is quite comfortable - and head out to meet Cousin Kim in Greektown for lunch. We land at The Parthenon on Halsted and proceed to order too much food starting with Saganaki (Flaming Cheese) for Sweetie and Cousin and Kefides (Meatballs) for AHole. If you could have seen the giddiness in the girls' eyes as the cheese arrived... Wisconsin girls like their cheese (cheese on fire...what could be better?). The cheese is really good and the meatballs have wonderful flavor served with sauteed onions. We all decide on gyros for lunch and they are good, not great. The gyros come with a good Greek Salad and Egg Lemon Soup - we'd never had the soup and it was really good.

From there, we decide to ride around downtown Chicago and we find the start and end of Route 66 on Jackson Street. We were going to book an architectural tour on the Chicago River, but after seeing the waves and choppiness of Lake Michigan, we decide not to do it. We have done the river cruise before and if you have the opportunity, you should definitely do it! The architecture in Chicago is second to none.

Next we head out to Southwest Chicago to meet Cousin Kim and Pat, for guess what... more cocktails! We meet up at J.C.'s, a great little neighborhood restaurant/bar where everyone is really friendly. We just chill and relax and enjoy each other's company and stories. It's Halloween, so we head back to Longman and Eagle for a nightcap and retire for evening. Sadly our trip is almost ending...


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb