About Amnesty International


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 20th 2012
Published: May 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Amnesty International is the largest human rights organization. This group of people work together to protect people where their rights are denied. They both investigate and expose the truth to the citizens. This is all done to change bad societies into a safer and free place. The work is able to be done thanks to the donars rather than the government , who provide money to make it all possible. This organization is proof that a Positive Multigenerational Change is Possible.

The article I read was "Locking Up Children For Life In The US." This article talks about the issue of youths getting sentences to a life time sentence in jail without the consideration of any factors such as metal illness, abuse, trauma, etc.. The children sentences into an adult jail are more likely to become suicidal, and they are five time more likely to experience sexual assault. It is also seen that blacks are ten times more likely than whites to be convicted to a life sentence crime without parole. Christi was an example of a female who had been put in jail at the age of 16 for murder and has been in there for the past 18 years. It is stated that no one considered her suicide attempt at age 13 or her history of sexual abuse, which both put her in a mental disorder case. In May 2010, there was a change and now cases will be reevaulated. Children do not deserve a life of abuse and death behind bars.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.327s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb