RIHLA #21


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 4th 2012
Published: March 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. According to the article, how is modern slavery different from earlier forms of slavery throughout history?

There are no separate housing quarters and there is no plantations or auction blocks in today's society.

2. Why does this movement against human sex trafficking connect to the legacy of President Lincoln?

Slavery was abolished by Lincoln, but there is still practice of slavery today. Because there is still practice of slavery, there is the question of slavery really being abolished.

3. Describe the Polaris project. What do you think about this project?

The project is a orginizatoin that takes calls from people around the world. They deal with cases that involve suspicions of trafficking and victims.

4. Do you agree with this article-that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery?

I do agree that human trafficking is like a form of slavery. The people are being forced to work against their will and not get paid.

5. In your opinion, can you think of other forms of modern day slavery?

I can't think of another form of slavery. I don't think I want to know.

6. Additional thoughts/Questions?

I think that people taking advantage of others is very wrong. Those who hurt others take away more than they think. Not only do the used people get degraded, but they are also hurt physically and emotionally.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb