Week 4 - Week Off in Chicago!!! Best week of my life!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
July 5th 2010
Published: July 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We all watched the England game in the morning (pants) and then afterwards we set off to Chicago! There was about 5 cars going so we all went in convoy. It took ages to get there! When we finally arrived, we didn't park in the centre we parked out in the suburbs in the ghetto! It was very scary especially because it was night time! But then we got the train into the centre and booked into a hotel! We had 2 rooms that fit 4 people in, which we actually had 20 people in! There was a connecting door though which was good because it meant we could just keep it open and go from one to the other.

We all stayed there until thurs, which was when half the people went to a different location but me and 10 others stayed in Chicago. We only had one room now but the hotel left that connecting door open so we actually just carried on using two rooms which was good!!

We went out every single night, so I ended up going out Firday - Friday! The nights out were great, everyone was always really drunk, I even ended up going on a boat ride one night and got in at 9am in the morning! We managed to find $1 bars for drinks and $2 so that was great! But I still managed to spend all my wage 😞 plus some of my savings! But it was worth it definately!

During the days we normally went to the beach, it was amazing as it was a beautful beach with the city just behind us. We played volleyball, soccer, sunbathed, swam in the Lake (Michigan) and even had a few cheeky beer circles! I've got a good tan now! One day I went up Sears Tower which is the 2nd tallest building in the world! And they have a glass box that you can go out and stand in and its like you are walking in the air 103 floors up in the air!! It was unbelievable with amazing sights! Best week of my life ever! 😱

We then set back off to Cinci on the Saturday morning and I couldn't do another night out so had an early night!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb