RIHLA 14


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Bedford Park
December 23rd 2011
Published: January 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Powerful images of 2011


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

image 1image 1
image 1

Natural disasters are very common, but they can leave a path of destruction along the way. Destroying homes and causing deaths of millions and leaving many people homeless. The first thing that comes to mind when I saw this image was the destruction that will be left behind along with the fear that people might feel.
image 2image 2
image 2

I was speechless when I first saw this image because, even though the sand storm is beautiful, it can also be destructible.
image 3image 3
image 3

This woman is china is in containment because she has been expose to radio activity causing her to not be with her loved ones. As we can see in this image, the woman is petting her dog through a thick glass wall.
image 4image 4
image 4

Volcanic eruptions can be beautiful, but they can also be dangerous and cause many deaths. Living near a volcano does not mean that you will be burn to death, the're other factors that people have to take in consideration such as the ash and rocks that might shoot out of the volcano. I was amazed at how massive this volcano eruption was because it also caused thunder.
image 5image 5
image 5

One of the saddest thing to see or hear is someone dying, even if the person dying is an enemy. I dont believe that people should be happy that Osama died because he was a human being that despite the fact that he did awful things, people should not be glad that he died. Its very repugnant and indignant that people could celebrate someone's death without being in the shoes of that person's family and having a consent about what that person's family might be going through. What people might not think about or take into consideration is that Osama being death can bring an even worse person into power or that Osama's death can create a chain reaction of events.
personal reflection imagepersonal reflection image
personal reflection image

I felt that this image demonstrated 2011 for me because, this year was turbulent but at the same time is was also soothing just like the rain.


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb