sixty days and 5000 miles..........


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Idaho
July 30th 2006
Published: July 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

and the adventure is only getting better. hell's canyon and lolo trail in idaho. kootenai falls, a suspension bridge, yaak river falls, spar lake, rocky ridge lake all in montana. these places gave me some of my favorite pictures of my trip thus far. i'll be heading up to canada for 4-5 weeks and i'm not sure of internet access up there. i'll be back when i find a connection.


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

lolo creeklolo creek
lolo creek

this is the beginning of a 130 mile, single lane gravel road called the lolo trail. lewis and clark used it going both west and again back east. it took me two and a half days to drive it. 2-10 miles per hour at best. felt like i'd been thru the spin cycle time i finished but the scenery was a very good reward.
thats a smile on his face.thats a smile on his face.
thats a smile on his face.

(no harm was done to any animals in the production of these photo's)
indian post office lakeindian post office lake
indian post office lake

they call it that because many who passed by here over the years would leave messages for others to read as they passed by.


31st July 2006

what beautiful pictures. im jealous!
31st July 2006

Beautiful
These pictures are just beautiful, keep them coming. Hope to hear from you in Canada.
3rd August 2006

connie
I didn't see the 1 lane road in lolo creek. Did u kayak on the yaak river? Y r u never in any of the pics? We want to see the mountain man. R u counting the rivers and lakes, I lost count, cperez@email.com
17th November 2008

Gorgeous photos
We went to some of the same places and enjoy your pictures of them. We love to primitive camp and hike, Spar Lake (2 weeks all to ourselves) and Caribou (north of Yaak) but winter was setting in and we needed to be at a lower elevation. If you get another chance to hike/camp, we loved the hike to Our Lake near Mill Falls Campground outside Choteau, Montana. Thanks for posting your pictures. They are breathtaking. We miss those beautiful, wondous places!

Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0639s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb