'Aloha from Hawaii'


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii
July 14th 2008
Published: February 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So from Fiji onto our last stop of Hawaii, touching down into Oahu we set off to our hotel in Honolulu at a scourching 90 degree farenheit! Our hotel was lovely compared with the huts we've been staying in- true luxury!! We planned on spending a relaxing time in Hawaii before our flight home, but started to get itchy feet not doing anything but lazing on crowded Waikiiki beach!! So booked in to do a few touristy things. Made a trip over to Hanauma Bay to do some snorkelling but unfortunately even though a beautiful place, the crowds set in here too. The snorkelling wasnt great as the tide was out and so we kept cutting ourselves on the coral, got to see lots of lovely fish but not the best we'd seen especially with the pain involved from the coral.

The next trip we took was a Volcano adventure over to the 'Big Island'. It involved a very early morning start and a dodgy flight in a tiny plane over to the 'Big Island', but once there our guide 'Harry' met us and guided around the island. We stopped off at Rainbow falls, an orchid and Macadamia farm before making our way to the volcano national park. Our first stop was to a huge crater where there was still huge amounts of smoke billowing into the air, then onto a walk through a lava tube which was a very surreal experience to think that at one time, lava was flowing through where we were standing! Then we headed over to the coast to watch an erupting volcano pouring lava into the sea- an incredible sight! A very interesting, long day before our flight back over to O'hau Island.

We just had to take some surfing lessons on Waikiki beach and I must say I think we did pretty well considering, but compared to all the professional surfer dudes it was quite embarrassing! well, we had a go! Our last activity was a trip to Pearl Harbour which was very interesting and got to take a boat out to the Arizona Memorial where you could still see the ships below the surface- A very eery, sad experience.

Most of the rest of our time was spent lazing on Waikiki beach, eating disgusting slimey sushi, cruising the surfer dude shops along the espanade or munching on typically hyge, unhealthy meals with gorgous cocktails - Luxury!!

Can't believe our trip is over, we have had an amazing time and it has gone so quickly but looking forward to catching up with you all and sharing our stories. We will have to start organising our next trip now😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb