Easier day, and a Luau at night.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Wailea Makena
July 21st 2014
Published: July 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

The Weavers left bright and early for a snorkel tour to Molokini Crater, a crescent-shaped, partially submerged volcanic crater which forms a small islet near Maui. Jeff and Allison walked along the coastal area, swam in the ocean, and then joined the Weavers at the resort's infinity (adults only - yay!) pool for the afternoon. The day was sunny to start with, then was mostly overcast in the afternoon but it must be true what they say about still getting sun on a cloudy day because Allison and Jeff are kind of red this evening.

Tonight was our Luau night at the Marriott. It was actually a pretty nice presentation with live music, hula and other Hawaiian dances, native crafts, etc. The food was also pretty good with the pig cooked in the traditional way: underground on hot embers and stones, wrapped in banana leaves. They bring the pig out of the pit, and it's dinner time.

Another early day tomorrow - we need to be at the airport at 6:30am for our flight to Oahu to start our Pearl Harbor / Honolulu tour day. I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures to share from that tour.

Aloha for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



24th July 2014
Fire Dancers at the Luau.

Pig, Yum!!
Pig looks good! Probably would have gotten the snout!!

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb