Leaving Hawaii already!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu
August 4th 2006
Published: August 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well tomorrow we move on again so heres the next blog already!

I am actually a bit dissapointed with Honolulu (Waikik Beach). The beach isnt great and there are so many people around! The beach is so over crowded and there are surfers and surf boards everywhere! I think we were spoilt with Fiji. We've been told that to see the real beauty of Hawaii you need to visit the islands but we're very short on cash now so we had to stay put in Honolulu - Waikiki Beach, which is a shame but hey, we cant do it all can we!?

The holiday here started on a bit of a downer too - when we arrived into Honolulu airport we were waiting for our bags when I hear my name called out. I speak to the manager only to find out our bags had been left in Fiji! So we hadnt nothing with us! The best bit was that they didnt know when our bags would be arriving! We couldnt believe it. So for the first few days we were walking around Hawaii in the boiling hot with trousers on! My worst nightmare. All I wanted to do was get to the beach. They have offered us $50 to buy stuff we needed until we got our bags but I am going to push for more when we get to the airport tomorrow - frankly its not good enough! (and we need any money we can get!) Luckily after 2 days we got them back so its all sorted now.
Oh - One good thing is that we've been staying in hotel opposed to dorms in a hostel or a little hut on the beach. It was so nice to have hot showers again, watch TV and sleep in clean sheets (in Fiji they dont wash the sheets from one person to the next - gross I know!)

Hawaii has been good but we havent enjoyed it as much as we thought we would. I think its a mixture of being spoilt with Fiji and wanting to get home! We're counting down the days now!

Off to Vancouver tomorrow for 4 nights and then we're home!!

See you soon xxx






Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The sea was so busy!The sea was so busy!
The sea was so busy!

There were surfers everywhere! The waves were actually quite big though.


4th August 2006

Hawaii
Hi Carly and Phil, what a contrast between Fiji and Hawaii! The place looks so busy, however, Casey did say that the islands around Hawaii are really beautiful. Enjoy Canada, just think next week you will be home in England!!! Love and miss you both Mum and Dad xxx P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Phil for Sunday, we will celebrate when you get home.!!! Enjoy you special day , we will be thinking of you.!!!
8th August 2006

PS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Opps.....Nearly forgot, HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHILLIP. I would have text you to say that but I believe you have mislaid your moby!!!!! LOve you lots MUM xxx

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb