Day 10 - Honolulu


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Honolulu
November 29th 2011
Published: November 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Much better today. Mastered the local bus system and with the help of Lonely Planet, found a nice hike to a waterfall and beyond through (at last) lush jungle foliage. It was great – and clearly surpassed anything that any of the tours to now has offered.



Only danger was that after a fair bit of rain yesterday afternoon and evening, it was very slippery. Managed OK however.



That said, the waterfall itself was a little bit disappointing – although the journey made it worthwhile.



Perfect day weather wise – although the wind has stiffened tonight.



The bus system seems to work very well and we forked out $25 each for a 4 day pass. At $2.50 a leg, that seems to represent pretty good value. Incidentally, we were befriended on the bus by a 50 something fellow hiker who pointed us in the right direction then did his own thing. Bumped into him also on the way back and he seemed very friendly – and as he got off, slipped us one of his pamphlets showing how Jesus could help us. We thought that was very helpful ……..



Some pics of the day for you…..


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



29th November 2011

Ok, I\'m lost, who pinched days 1-9? but 10 looks great. Looks like the type of vegetation where you lost me, or did I loose you ? .....\" we want more!\" \" we want more!\"

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb