Easing our way back...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Maui
May 24th 2011
Published: July 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Arriving in Maui was really bittersweet. It marked our re-entry into the US, but it also was week in the South Pacific. We might have been a little ungrateful at the time since this was an ending to our year, but we absolutely enjoyed every last second we had left of both the trip and our beach binge.

It took a few days to get to Maui from Bali, involving 4 flights with 2 being overnight flights, 5 cities, one shower at the Sydney airport, and a lot of really bad food. Once we got to Maui though, it was nice to relax. One of my best friends from home is Hawaiian and we were orginally going to stay in her families condo in Kahana as a wedding gift. As I grew up in California with a Hawaiian best friend, I had been to Maui and to her condo a few times. Unfortunately, the condo was under construction at the time we were there, so instead they gifted us a few nights at the Kaanapali Beach Hotel. It was nice to stay at a beachfront resort for a few days to take advantage of night-time beach going and paddleboarding through the hotel.
The 2nd half of our week we spent in Kihei on the other side of the island. This side is alot more traveler friendly so it was a good opportunity to drive around to the volcano, the smaller less touristic beaches, and hang out in a some more local bars/restaurants. Sadly, there was no reggae bar to be found.





Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb