Maui, Hawaii


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Maui » Upcountry
June 2nd 2013
Published: June 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Maui


Maui Hawaii is one of the most beautiful places on this earth. When you go be ready to have a blast in and out of the water. Now one of the main reason to go to Mai is for the water but there are plenty of things to do out of the water that are just as fun.

Going to Maui there are some expenses that you just can't get away from, like plane tickets, and a place to stay. We were able to get our round trip tickets from Portland International airport with Alaskan airlines round trip for $417.00 dollars per person. Now we also started looking 9 months in advance. It is amazing how often the prices changed, they were up and down just like the stock market. So we recommend setting a date on when you want to go and start watching the ticket sites. Like I said the prices changed a lot so get a ball park figure that you would like to pay and be realistic about that amount. When it gets to the range you are looking for buy them, after we bought ours the price dropped off a bit, but then went back up. At one point for us they went back up and my wife got very nervous, but we waited a bit longer and they dropped again right into our range.

Next find where you want to stay. We again recommend finding a condo or house you can rent, one to save some money on the cost of your stay but to also save some money when it comes to eating. We rented a nice condo in Kihei right across from Kamaole beach 3. This was one of the best beach's on Maui, and we hit them all.

Attached are some pictures of my family enjoying the Maui sun, in the map the highlighted sections area as follows:

Hana and the road to Hana is a must. The road to get there has 256 curves and they are proud of that. Take a full day for this as it is a long drive because of the twists and turns but do stop off at all the places you can. There are so many places to stop and do a little hiking or stopping to hit a local vendor for fresh pineapple, coconut, or even some fresh fish tacos.

Molokini crater is a must spot for snorkeling or scuba diving. The water is so clear you can see the bottom and all the fish, it is truly breath taking. You can get a boat from Maalaea harbor, there are plenty of boats to choose form so look around and see what best fits you. We choose one that had a small breakfast and provided lunch and free drinks...the adult beverages were not free (the beer was not free but it was cold). They also provided all the equipment you will need, but if you plan to do any water stuff anywhere else you will need to rent some equipment and I do recommend doing that. You can also get lucky and where you have decided to stay could have the equipment already there for you to use.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb