Kitchy or tacky???


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Maui » Lahaina
March 30th 2011
Published: April 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Whilst exploring the island of Maui we stumbled upon the tourist hot spot of Lahaina. Lahaina attracts tourists with it's large banyan tree, market shopping and the lighthouse. It also has quite few funky and trendy shops plus a number of restaurants. We discovered Bubba Gump restaurant chain based on the movie Forrest Gump. The place takes kitch to a whole new level, table tennis bat menus, signs to tell the waiters to come or go, glasses you can take home (we got one each, so cool) and a happy birthday that steers very clear of the traditional version. The seafood is fantastic but unexpected in such a place, you are however staring at water, unless another couple blocks you. We ate "Dumb Luck Coconut Shrimp" - Bubba always loved this one! Served with Cajun Marmalade and Fries and "ā€œIā€™m Stuffed!ā€ Shrimp" - Large Shrimp with Crab Stuffing, baked in Garlic Butter, and topped with Monterey Jack Cheese, served with Jasmine Rice. Every mouthful was amazing so moist and tender. Two mains to share was plenty of food as we could not have possibly eaten dessert even though they had some great choices. The one most delectable was the chocolate chip cookie sundae. I struggled to finish my local brew in the take home pint, it was an extremely large beer! My husband had the Raspberry Sweet Tea Cooler - a refreshing mix of Seagrams Sweet Tea Vodka, Lemonade and DeKuyper Razzmatazz, in a take home cocktail mixer which he polished off no trouble. All in all this was a great experience and we enjoyed the kitch but beware as some people would find it quite tacky.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb