A Place in the World


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Decatur
December 9th 2011
Published: December 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi All! One of the things I try to promote the most and value the most in
terms of travel is the knowledge that new perspectives and new experiences allow. It is so so important to open yourself up to this, the benefits are incalcuable.

That is what I admire most in the work of these two documentary film makers. Hope is what drives their films, and they emphasize the opportunity we all have to learn from one another.

"A Place in the World", a documentary about the children of Interntional Community School in Decater, Georgia is freshly finished and many eager eyes await its screening. The film spotlights how these refugee children are able to come from their various political and war torn backgrounds and demonstrate the humanity of which we are all capable. This was brought to the attention of the film-makers Adam Maurer and Bill Reddington immediately after the first visit to ICS. The film places the ability to shed preconceptions and accept one another at its core and as always with these boys, beautifully executed. Moments like those of the "race" conversation in the classroom, the adults teaching each other the cultural "rights and wrongs" of the United States, and the inspiring dialogue thread throughout the whole film are reflective and stunning.

I am so, so proud of these boys. Watch the trailer. Make the pledge. Get behind one of what many can agree is the most influential and moving independant documentaries out there.

Check it out:http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ctqfilms/a-place-in-the-world

Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb