Lipizzaner Stallions


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Wauchula
February 2nd 2013
Published: February 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Groundhog Day



Phil predicted an early spring, I’m really lucky, I’ve got summer now. Temps in the 70’s.



We were up bright and early today to attend the practice session of the Lipizzaner Stallions. I went last year so it made me eager to see them again. We drove 45 min through orange groves and cattle ranches to the farm in the middle of nowhere. They have 30 horses on the farm, a couple of rescues, but mostly stallions and breeding stock. They have no babies this year because of the economy and enough show stock. Maybe in a year or 2 they will start breeding again.

It was a wonderful show, we all enjoyed.



Our friend Joanne arrived on Fri for a visit and is staying with Ginnie for week. So there were 5 of us going to the show so we needed 2 cars, good thing we had 2. On the way home Dee and I stopped at a local restaurant for lunch with a packed parking lot which must mean that the food was delish. I had a beef bar b que sandwich and Dee had chicken wings. Mine was great but the wings looked like they were from a small turkey, but tasty. We did get a view of the locals though.

We returned home and walked Oscar and viewed the various garage sale items at several camp sites. It seems that Sat is sale day and everybody is trying to buy or sell something.

The sun was bright and warm so we took advantage, set up our chairs and basked in the sunshine. By then it was cocktail hour so we had no choice but to join the others for snacks and drinks and good cheer. We were joined by another couple from York, PA who were absolutely enjoyable. That made our group 7 and many a tale was told of camping adventures. We decided to treat ourselves and go out for dinner to an Italian restaurant in the town of Wauchula which was just 3 miles up the road. The place was busy but there was one big table just for us. The food was wonderful and we each had enough to bring home for lunch the next day. Good thing as it was moving day and we sure didn’t want to cook.

Dee and I stopped on the way home for a few supplies then it was a little tv and off to bed


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb