Bonita Springs to St Augustine


Advertisement
Published: March 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Long day

We left the Draytons midmorning and Dawn showed us their lovely golf, tennis and country club; the buildings reminded me of upscale Caribean resorts where inside and outside meld into a seamless transition. Just beautiful.

We drove first to the old Cypress Garden location, where we drove the parking lot of the new Legoland. Then, off to the Blue Spring State Park to see Manatee.

Blue Spring State Park, Orange City - Blue Spring State Park gets my vote for the best "no boat needed" manatee viewing location. During manatee season, the spring run is closed -- but there are several overlooks and boardwalks along the way. Make a day of exploring the park and watching the manatees. Bring your camera because there are great pictures to be taken and memories to be made.

the state guard who took our 6$ answered that " ...yes, there are a couple down there...". I almost did not go in! Thankfully, we saw many and a mom and calf, lovely.

Our last side excursion was a drive through the parking lot of the Daytona Speedway, big.

We are safely ensconced in St Augustine Beach at the Quality Inn. We have had take home diner, Terry is in bed and I am waiting to hear from the Seguins to find out how close to Myrtle Beach they are. We are 7-8 hours away and hopefully, we will see them tomorrow night there.

Hope all is well with you and ttys.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.485s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0998s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb