Our Florida Layover


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Palm Beach
January 8th 2010
Published: January 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our Florida layover began on Tuesday morning when we disembarked in Ft Lauderdale. The ship is on a five day private charter so although we were able to leave one large suitcase and two shipping boxes on board, we had to vacate.

We are making our temporary home at the West Palm Beach Marriott which we selected because it's close to the home of cruise pals Jim and Diana Blundell. We've spent two fun days visiting them and seeing first hand where they spend the winter.

We've made a trip to Target to purchase those essentials we forgot. Dick finally succumbed to the cold I gave him so with luck that will be behind both of us by the time we begin the South America trip on Sunday.

Saturday we depart our West Palm Beach "home" and head for a Miami hotel. We will spend the night there, attend the Regent hosted Saturday night bon voyage party and then reboard the ship on Sunday.

Favorite Florida billboard: Who Can I Sue.com

Travellers hint: Don't try to pick up a rental car on the day of the Orange Bowl!

Advertisement



11th January 2010

billboard was worth the trip
By the time you get this message you will be starting the South American trip. Can't wait to see and hear what's in store. Keep the blog going!! Today is Sarah's got day and we are celebrating. We love her more each day and she and Mark are now joined at the hip. We missed you at Bev and Norms human rumble. It was a great party. Deb
13th January 2010

Target?
Wow how did Dick survive Target? hee hee We miss you here at home but you look like you are very happy and enjoying yourselves. We love and miss-Jen, Bailey and Kevin. Woof
13th January 2010

Call
Thanks for the calls on my hospital stay for my new knee. I am moving around the house here pretty good and am starting to wake up my brain. Work is now at least a few hours a day. I hope the weather there in FL is treating you ok. I heard they had some cold weather recently...but then again it is all relative. Have fun!
17th January 2010

flordia
Hi Becky! Janie is sharing your cruise blog with me so I can experience some cool places that I am sure I will never be able to get to.. so thanks for sharing! My father in law lives in Pompano Beach. We go to west palm when we go there and know right where the cruise port is. WE have taken some smaller short cruises from there. Tim's sisters have stayed at that same hotel..... brother in law works for company that manages hotel chains....Also we honeymooned in Cozumel some 25 years ago. Loved it.. can relate to the tequila and shopping! So even though you are out in the big world it is still a small one after all.

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb