Orlando....for the kids...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
January 16th 2013
Published: February 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

After Georgia we are finally moving back to seriously warmer weather and the sunshine of the winter...in Florida.



These two coming entries are all about Tiffany and Leslie...and me making Mickey and his family a little richer!



Leslie and Tiffany will admit easily...they are too grown-up to visit Disneyworld or Disneyland....thanks kids, I really appreciate! I've already been to Universal Studios with Leslie in LA...and in Singapore...we love Universal Studios and we'll be back...sooner or later...to show a good time to Tiffany, but this time, it was Disney time...not Mickey time!



Weather was still a little to cold to do a waterpark....so we headed for Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We started by the "educational" option, I name Epcot. My third visit...the park is pretty old, re-inventing itself every few years....but I truly find this a nice experience.



Epcot is divided in two parts...one is designed toward the science world, and the second part is a copycat of a mini universal expo. The park was pretty empty, with never any wait of more than 15 minutes, which is pretty cool...and we had the same thing the next day.



No really fun rides around Epcot, just "soft" rides....the best for Leslie and Tiffany....the flight simulator...that's the picture with the biggest smiles. I can see also that these two are slightly well travelled....the "mini" universal expo has 11 countries...all done for me, and it's 7 for Tiffany on the count, and 8 for Leslie.



Next day a first for me, but not for the little guys...that's fun! We visited Hollywood Studios, part of the Disney group too! They already did the French counterpart with their grandparents few years ago. This is a really fun place, and actually not that big. The "Tower" got the most points for the fun ride...but all of them where actually pretty cool, with fun shows all around. Don't ask me a full list of them...wouldn't be that interesting. The park is perfectly geared for 10 to 12 years old...I'm an happy dad! By 5pm we were done with all the rides and shows....even having some fun time at "American Idol"....did you know that that TV show find actually a lot of their contenders during their visit at Hollywood Studios?



We spent our nights in few hotels around Orlando. The best news, Orlando does have a Whole Food Supermarket! So yes, it's back to pretty cool food every single night. We didn't do "Nouba" by Cirque du Soleil, did it already with a friend of mine few years ago...and I can only advise you to see it...but we cannot do everything on this trip!



Our next entry is not about a place, but rather a journey...a journey that Tiffany and Leslie have had way high on their "child" wishlist...a place where I had time for myself as they were all around, and where they didn't sleep much...but where the smiles were a 24 hours non-stop affair...



By the time I'm writting this, we are getting closer to the end of these long "summer holidays"...we have left the States for a while...and are ready for more adventures in the next two weeks, back in South America!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.6s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 42; qc: 148; dbt: 0.3043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb