Fantasmic; A Celebration of Imagination


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando » Disney World
December 20th 2013
Published: December 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Oh where oh where to begin about Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios. Totally mesmerizing, spellbinding and hypnotic. I shall run out of adjectives before I'm done these blogs.

It was worth fighting the crowds and again thanks to Linda & Martha for holding our seats for us. Considering about 7,000 can see this show, you've got to hustle to get into line. Although it was very well organized to get into and out of.

The 25 minute nighttime extravaganza begins with a dreaming Mickey on a dark island and he acts as a conductor as music fills the air and the waters surrounding the island beings to dance...then suddenly screens of water emerge & a multitude of images are displayed upon them.
It was a wonderful journey with music, lights and pyrotechnics & special effects. Bursts of twinkling lights light up the sky & water turns into a huge curtain of dancing fountains.

At one point Maleficent transforms into a 40 foot fall fire-breathing dragon setting the waters ablaze...It was hard to know where to look; and you almost don't breathe for fear of missing any part of it. Fireworks popping, lasers, explosions...Holy Cow. For those with small kids, it can be scary as it involves snakes and ghosts, and villains.

The finale is amazing. An 80 foot replica of the ship from Steamboat Willie goes by and features 26 Disney characters as they wave and dance and sing to an amazing orchestral score.

Once it's over you keep thinking about it; it has that much of an impact about the power of imagination. Even big alpha males are moved and delighted by it. It's a celebration of Mickey's triumph over evil. Just one more showstopping night at Disney World..

And when you think it can't get any better, then you go to Magic Kingdom for the Christmas Spectacular...

More pics at the bottom in order as the show unfolded. They may be a bit hard to see given the type of show it was. You can click on the pics to make them bigger too.

More to follow 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.318s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 122; dbt: 0.163s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb