Miami 2013


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
December 31st 2013
Published: January 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Me, Vitor and DaddyMe, Vitor and DaddyMe, Vitor and Daddy

Brasil v Honduras
Another great year has come and gone. Lots of travelling which can be found in other blogs, but Sofia added 6 more countries to her list: Myanmar, Thailand, Singapore, Laos, Mexico, and the Dominican Republic. Sofia finished the second half of 2nd grade in Mrs. DeAlejo's class and just completed the first half of 3rd grade in Mrs. Sundry's class. Favorite subjects are reading and science.

Sofia's favorite band, by far, is One Direction, though her favorite band member has changed from Zayn to Niall. Other bands she likes are Taylor Swift, Victoria Justice, Queen, and the Beastie Boys. Going to the One Direction concert was one of her highlights of the year and we already have tickets to next year's October show in Miami (hope she still likes them by then).

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We had some guests...The Mazish family, all 5 of them, stayed for 1 night and Sofia enjoyed hanging out with my friend Maddie who Sofia had travelled with to Greenland and Iceland the year before as well as babysitting the Schroeder's dragons at the same time. We also hosted a fellow travelblogger, Peter, and his 2 kids Tiffany and Leslie. They travel extensively as well. We had a BBQ and invited other friends over as well.

Grandma Anita also visited from Rio and was here for Sofia's birthday. This year Sofia decided that she just wanted to go to the Rapids Water Park in West Palm Beach for her birthday with family and we all had a great time. Sofia was very brave going on some very scary slides.

In 2013, the big activity that Sofia began was Karate. She absolutely loves it. She started in July a few week before our trip to SE Asia. She absolutely loves it. After a couple of months she became a yellow belt!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lenny, Maddie and Jack stayed with us again in December. We went to Alligator Farm for an airboat ride and saw lots of alligators. Sofia also held a small alligator (with its mouth taped shut).

Sofia has improved her bike riding, swimming, and basketball. She still loves her American Girl dolls and cutting all her barbies hair, but refers to herself as a "tomboy". She got a new dog at her Mom's house, Django, which she adores and the first living things at her Dad's house, 2 plants named ponytail and Lisa.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2014 is now here and we have a lot planned already. We will be going back to Italy this Spring Break and this time Vitor will be coming with us. Sofia has been saying that she is "homesick" and we will visit some good friends and places where she spent the first 4 months of her life, and where Vitor spent 3 years of his. We will have a couple days in Slovenia for castles, caves and possibly a day of skiing.

This summer our big trip is to Brasil for the World Cup, Sofia's second and my 3rd. We will be in Rio, Fortaleza and Manaus.....Still in process of getting tickets. It will be great to see Grandma Anita and Sofia meeting her extended family in Rio, most of whom have not seen her since she was a baby.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last scheduled big trip is in August. I have a conference in Jackson Hole, Wyoming and Vitor and Sofia will come towards the end. We will take off for a 12 day camping trip in Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Banff, and Glacier.....Yes, finally a big trip within the USA.

2014 here we come......


Additional photos below
Photos: 190, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Ready for Picture Day at SchoolReady for Picture Day at School
Ready for Picture Day at School

With my Burmese Outfit
Turned 8Turned 8
Turned 8

with mom, vitor and granmda
So Much FunSo Much Fun
So Much Fun

Rapids Water Park
Crazy Face, Crazy AirCrazy Face, Crazy Air
Crazy Face, Crazy Air

Brasil v Honduras
Awesome!Awesome!
Awesome!

Rapids Water Park
Me and LunaMe and Luna
Me and Luna

July 4th
Bro and SisBro and Sis
Bro and Sis

Brasil v Honduras
Go Neymar!Go Neymar!
Go Neymar!

Brasil v Honduras


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb