Miami Beach


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami Beach
March 8th 2012
Published: March 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Man-of-war on South BeachMan-of-war on South BeachMan-of-war on South Beach

One of several which had floated up on the beach.
After our adventures in 2008, there was precious little to blog about. However, we are back on the road, and again posting updates of our latest advenutre; this time we are on our way to the equatorial islands of the galapagos. Sadly we had to leave Avery behind at university.

Today was a stop over on the way to Ecuador. A short unventful flight saw us in Miami just after lunch. The weather is cloudy with a strong wind. We are told repeatedly that the weather will be clearing up for the weekend ... sadly we are on our way tomorrow.

We did get to spend some time on the white sand of south beach. Unforutnately, due to the poor weather, the usual south beach visual distractions were not out in any force. We did come across a Portuguese man of war which Astrid at first mistook for a condom. It was not until we were back in the room that Wikipedia provided the full answer. Apparently these floaters have a nasty sting. Astrid attempted to refloat one of the clearly dead things by pushing it against the tide with her shoe. After several brave attempts she recognized the futility of the exercise.

The rest of the day has been spent sleeping and lounging by the pool. Staying at Lowes. Decent hotel but poor price performer. Tomorrow we are back to the airport to fly to Guayaquil.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb