Wintering in Florida


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Lake Placid
November 5th 2010
Saved: February 24th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Tom Johnson Camping CntrTom Johnson Camping CntrTom Johnson Camping Cntr

One of the nicest and best service centers in the country. Rated in the top 3 in the country by Good Sam and other RV clubs.
Greetings to One and All,

It seems like ages since I last blogged (maybe it was) but thought it may be time to catch up on our activity. We left Ohio October 17 after going to church and getting a slow start toward Marion, N.C. where we were going to have some RV work done. We stopped below Cincinnati, Ohio our first night and then meandered into Tom Johnson's Camping and RV Center in the early afternoon on Monday. We had our work done on Tuesday and on Wed Judy's brother and wife brought her mother to us so we could transport her to Fla and to the park model we bought for her. We got started after lunch and made two night stops before arriving here at Sunshine RV Resort, Lake Placid, Fla. It felt good to settle in and know we were going to be stable for several months.

NOW for the news of our travels thru the summer. I finally worked out the numbers to see how many miles we traveled. Our total from the time we left Fla. in April till we arrived back here on our site was (are you ready for this?) 18,936
Front corner of waiting areaFront corner of waiting areaFront corner of waiting area

This place is huge and beautiful. Pets are allowed within certain areas.
miles. Yup, that's right! I'd say that is a lot of traveling. I had thought it was about 11,500 -- just off a little --ha!

Since arriving we have been busy and working our 2 days a week (Monday and Tuesday) . The rest of the time we have been setting up, pulling weeds at the park model, and just running around the park. We had a Halloween Dance recently and Judy dressed up as a bag lady, her mother came as Princess Fiona, and I, as Capt. Jack Sparrow. Had a good time and hope you enjoy the photos. I am getting a lot of comments on the beard which I dyed and will have to grow out naturally. One resident asked me if I was working in the park with my older brother. ----She was serious! Others are trying to figure out who I am, or doing double takes, or suggesting that I keep it dark as I look younger. It has been fun and with all the comments I may just keep it for a while longer. I did take off the dreadlocks, hairpiece, scarf, and the bangles.

Now we prepare for Thanksgiving and the
TV area TV area TV area

For those that want to watch TV it is available.
rest of the holiday season. In January we are taking a 10 day cruise with park friends & friends from Ohio. That ought to be a blast! Then it will be time for the Kitchen Band and our show. (I have not done anything to prepare for it so at some point will be busy getting the program ready, getting my people ready, and practicing as much as possible.

If I don't write more during the holidays Judy and I hope all of you have a wonderful and blessed season and good health thru the coming months. Bill and Judy


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom

CafeCafe
Cafe

VERY reasonable prices for excellent breakfasts and lunches. Coffee is always fresh and free and seating is plush and comfortable.
Fall is arrivingFall is arriving
Fall is arriving

Color is beginning to show itself in the N.C. mountains.
Camp sitesCamp sites
Camp sites

Beautiful sites with full hookups and large concrete pads await all guests.
Princess FionaPrincess Fiona
Princess Fiona

Judy's mother is ready to go to the ball. At 94 she still danced with Bill and one of the park regulars
Bag LadyBag Lady
Bag Lady

She dragged that basket all over the place
Capt. Jack SparrowCapt. Jack Sparrow
Capt. Jack Sparrow

Well, actually a poor rendition of the actor but a lot of fun.
The Fat LadyThe Fat Lady
The Fat Lady

A blow up costume is just one of the many good costumes. She won a prize for most unrecognizable.
Hot Dogs AnyoneHot Dogs Anyone
Hot Dogs Anyone

Another great costume which we thought were very clever. If it appears odd shaped it happened when uploading.
Walking around for all to seeWalking around for all to see
Walking around for all to see

This was the walk for awarding prizes.
A very healthy witchA very healthy witch
A very healthy witch

Linda also won a prize and made a good looking witch.
The Devil made me do itThe Devil made me do it
The Devil made me do it

The mask was really good. It made a definite statement.
After all is goneAfter all is gone
After all is gone

Well, this is what I am stuck with for the next ??????


Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb