Marathon Key


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Keys » Marathon
October 16th 2011
Published: October 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Last two days went by so quickly. Dinner with the officers was very nice and the wine flowed! Defended our title on the last sea day for progressive and we had to turn the trophy over to another team! We lost by one point but did win a free drink from Julie for winning 3 out of 6 days.
The behind the scenes tour was fascinating- can't imagine the size of the main galley and they way they do laundry. there is a machine that dries and folds the sheets! Backstage was also fun to see all the costumes, feathers and beads- we got some beads from the wardrobe master for our trophy. Spent the last day getting pics with the staff - they were all so nice - i will really miss my home away from home. Very late getting off ship friday morning as customs was holding things up - supposedly because we were gone 2 weeks and also traveled to colombia. Finally got my car and hit marathon around 3 pm. Bill cooked lobster tails for dinner and we went to a football game. Saturday we ran errands and shipped a bunch of stuff home to myself. Great party for bill's 60th saturday nite and off to the airport on fort lauderdale on sunday at 10 am. ok trip home and greg met me. Got in the door around 10 pm sunday nite. Love to travel but so much to do when you get home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb