Blue Heaven, Hemingway, and the Conch Republic


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Keys » Key West
April 15th 2010
Published: November 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Two FriendsTwo FriendsTwo Friends

The streets of Key West.
Woke up at about 5:00 am to a rooster crowing. I was barely able to sleep after this as the crowing did not stop. It sounded like there was a rooster right outside our window, and then we’d hearing more crowing in the distance. For breakfast, we went to Blue Heaven (http://blueheavenkw.homestead.com/Blue_Heaven_Restaurant_Key_West.html) - as they say, “You don’t have to die to get there!” They are well known for their breakfasts and laid back atmosphere (sit outside if it’s nice but only if you don’t mind an occasional rooster stopping by your table!). I had a bacon and tomato benedict, and Matt had lobster and asparagus omelette. One of the best breakfasts I’ve ever had…

After Blue Heaven we walked on and toured Ernest Hemingway’s house (www.hemingwayhome.com), which is worth a visit, and then went on to take some photos of the Key West Lighthouse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_West_Light). I was happy to be able to head back to spend some time relaxing and laying out in the sun after that.

When we were done enjoying time by the pool, we got ready for dinner and of course had to take some photos of the sunset. Sunset photos actually came first…and then dinner at the Conch Republic (www.conchrepublicseafood.com). Matt highly recommends the Mango Mojito drink. Also, if you are a fan of hot sauce and don’t mind a little garlic breath, the restaurant has a little shop and sells garlic hot sauce (along with many other gifts and food items), which is great. Reminder to sister: our bottle broke, so we’d like a new one for Christmas… After dinner it was time for bed so we’d be able to get up for sunrise.



Additional photos below
Photos: 68, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1116s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb