Key Largo; Its the Destination, not the Journey


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Keys » Key Largo
August 3rd 2012
Published: August 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

So, we had a long drive today. 10 hours. Wow....that is long. Through all of Georgia, and the entire length of mainland Florida. We departed Savannah at 8:20 am, arriving at the hotel at about 6:00. It was a tedious, not scenic and tiring drive (the downside of a road trip). However, the Dove Creek Lodge is amazing. Very hard to find, very, but gorgeous. We have a view over the Ocean, with palm trees, hammocks and docks in the view, along with a local seafood restaurant and patio in view as well. So tropical, so fun, so beautiful. We both love it. And the room is great as well. Minimal service, but nice. It is a little more self serve than the MArshall House, but great.

We had dinner at a fun place called Mrs. Mac's Kitchen, which is a funky diner type location in an old little house, with license plates everywhere and a great homecooked menu. Service was a bit surely, but the meal was great. We had burgers and fries and salad, and a Key Lime Freeze (a key lime flavoured milk shake) for free with a coupon. It was a great meal.

And now we are tired, and don't feel like writing more, and the internet connection here is rough. So, off to be and to get ready for a fun day tomorrow.

Peace


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0821s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb