The land of the free...?


Advertisement
Published: June 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to America!

How could i ever forget what country i was in when every corner i turn down there is another american flag waving proudly from a shop front.

From my limited experience people have been very polite, i've already met some really nice people and everyone here seems to love a yarn. Had a chat to a local surf dog, an older chap named joe (every second dude is named joe) down at the beach the other day, ended up being a 2 and a half hour INTENSE convo about sub atomic particles and the meaning of life. As the rain fell and we sat under the shelter in the tropical heat joe signed off with

" You see Johnny, these people are searching for something made of stone to fufil their lives" he then turned out towards the ocean and continued, almost bellowing to the horizon "The kingdom is not out there" Then knocked on his own chest "The kingdom is IN HERE" with a wry smile he turned to a nearby post, and knocked on it as if he were knocking on someones door, he then turned to us and repeated the same action except this time knocking on his own chest.. without a further word said he turned his back to us and walked out into the rain, his last offerings.. a thumbs up.

Joe told us about a local bakery who actually bakes fresh (and healthy) bread tasting bread. We bought 5 loaves at the super market the other day which were so sweet after 1 loaf we couldn't bring ourselves to eat any more. Cheers Joe.

The surf has been non existent, but the climate and the water are right up there with the tropics. We haven't been down to Miami as yet, but should be heading down those ways this weekend.

Until next time,

Catcha

Johnny

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb