Fernandina Beach, Florida


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Fernandina Beach
November 15th 2009
Published: November 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I love Fernandina Beach. We got here about 2:00. Anchored at St Simon Island last night and left at 7:00. had a pretty uneventful day. Not much wind until we go to the fuel dock and then it picked up to about 20 knots and slammed the boat into the dock. Sounded like fiberglass cracking. Everything looks ok but have to wait and see. Then we motored over to the slip for the night and tied up. Looked around and people were out on the docks in bathing suits sunbathing and drinking beer. It was summer again. We went into town and watched some football and drank a beer and saw a little blues band playing. Washing clothes now and then going back to a little restuarant that has a jazz band playing and get a little dinner. Two groups of people are having parties on the dock. I may come back here in the spring and stay for a while.

Georgia was interesting. The ICW is a continuous s-curve. You see a mast of a boat that was in front of you and now is heading in the oposite direction on your right side and then you see it on your left side going in the oposite direction again.
And they don't keep it dredged so all the cuts silt in and the depths are continuously changing. There are lots of good anchorages though.

If we don't stay here another night, we will be in St Augustine on Monday and Doug will look for a train back to Wilmington,
NC to get his car and head back to Richmond.





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.375s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb