A tail wind


Advertisement
Published: January 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

After all the problems Bob has had with his tire he was keeping a close eye on it. So far so good. It was raining when we had planned to leave but we waited about 45 min and took off. The temp was cooler and it didn't warm up that well today. The wind was blowing 10 to 15 mph all day, but it was a tail wind most of the day. This was nice. Before we left Chipley we met a young couple (Lily 26, Eric 32) who were on their way to New Orleans. They were making their own way, and were camping a lot. They even had a small guitar with them. Since they were young they blew past us with ease. We finally had second breakfast. This is something we talk about every day and this is only the second time we made it, yea! While eating the sun came out and we rode in the sunshine. We later rode through Ponce De Leon and had a picnic in the park. We ate bananas and peanut butter sandwiches. When we arrived at De Funiak Springs for the night I got separated from the group and got lost (not my first time). When we finally got back together we rode to the motel. The room rate was supposed to be $55.00. and we were able to get her to $45.00. Being tight wads we were hoping this included sales tax but she couldn't. And while we were checking in she asked Bob if he had his 15% off card? He replied if she didn't need to see it he did. She signed us up for one on the spot and allowed us to use it tonight for a room cost of $40.93. This was a hoot. We ate at a restaurant that had a seafood buffet and guess what I ate? Today we rode 43 miles. We finished the first of seven maps completing a total of 471 miles.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.207s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0788s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb