Florida


Advertisement
Published: July 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 1: Arrived in the Sunshine State to meet the heat and gear up for some fireworks extravaganza. Headed over to DeLeon Springs with Mickey prior to the 4th to cool off from the 100 degree + days. We went to step into the springs and we were greeted by dark clouds and rumbling thunder. The park rangers shut things down after lightning showed up. We had literally just stepped on to the first step when everyone had to get out of the water. We were able to get some great pictures of the empty springs.

Day 2: 4th of July celebration in DeLand. Kristina's cousins put on a neighborhood fireworks show that rivals the town of DeLand's. Things got wild that evening as pile of fireworks stashed off to the side caught a spark and went off like a fireball at ground level. The party was under attack from the fireworks party gone awry but nobody was hurt from the explosion of roman candles, screamers, M-80's and who knows what else. Still, the fellas had more to finish the night with and everyone was able to go home in awe.

P.S. Don't worry Cheryl, Maw won't see this....

Day 3: We got up at 3:30 am to go 40 miles out on a bottom fishing trip with Kristina's cousin Dan. 110 miles of cruising around FL's blue water looking for bites. Smooth seas and nothing to rave about in the fish dept. One King Mack which we filleted for a later feast down the road. The Red Snapper were hiding elsewhere that day. Dan declared it the worst day of fishing he has ever had, but we had a blast.

Day 4: Packing for Panama. We got a lot of S#$&t!! It's gonna be a back breaker to get it to the check out counter from the curb at the airport!!

We really had a great time in Florida. It really felt like being home again. We hope to go back soon for a trip to the keys.

To see the pictures go to
thevagabonds.shutterfly.com

Advertisement



26th July 2009

Hello!
Your blog is great- we love hearing about your travels. We miss you dearly and wish you well. Keep in touch! - The Francks

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb