Once again to Antarctica....


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Cocoa Beach
October 8th 2010
Published: November 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

RTW#4????


early am at oOlando Intlearly am at oOlando Intlearly am at oOlando Intl

headed for the antarctic, by way of Denver and LA. anticipation and dread at the same time!
After thinking I might never go to the Ice again, or at least in the forseeable future, I left Cocoa Beach Fl today for Denver, CO, for a few days of oreintation and training, then off to LAX to board my flight to Auckland New Zealand. And then ...on to Mcmurdo , Antarctica for the 4th time! and who knows --maybe for 5 months, maybe for a year, and then travel to places known and unknown! Going on a journey like this is a leap of faith in a way, you have no set return date, no real idea of what the next months -or years-will bring, when youll see your friends and family again, and what to say when the guy in seat 23B says 'So where are you headed today?' " well ....actually after Denver Im on my way to Antarctica." Followed by a blank stare, and then 'Really?"
"Man, its got to reaaally cold up there!!" Well, actually its 'Down there and ......."
Anyway, its easier to just say "Im going to New Zealand" and leave the penguins out of it!

Thanks to Frontier Airlines for a nice start to my journey, and not charging me an outragous fee for my surfboard!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 67; dbt: 0.1144s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb